Ruben Hickman is a Concept Artist at DreamWorks Animation and was a Background Artist for their feature film, The Road to El Dorado.
Rudeb grew up in Sonoma County, California and as a teenager he illustrated several concert posters and album covers for local bands, and worked as a graphic design assistant for art director Dewey Reid. He studied illustration and fine art at Art College of Design and graduated with honors in 1995.
He was recruited by Walt Disney Feature Animation and he worked for a year before moving to DreamWorks and has since remained with them for the last 15 years. During this time he has worked on six of their feature animated films. Ruben has also taught at USC (1997-2001) and Art Center College of Design (2009-2010).
- Madagascar (2005) - Production illlustrator
- Shrek 2 (2004) - Production illustrator
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (2002) - Background artist
- Shrek (2001) - Pre-production: Los Angeles
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) - Background artist
- The Prince of Egypt (1998) - Background artist
- Puss in Boots: The Three Diablos (2012) - Visual development
- Night of the Living Carrots (2011) - Art Department
- First Flight (2006) - Visual development