Samuel Joseph Michlap is a Production Designer at DreamWorks Animation, and was the Additional Art Director for The Road to El Dorado.
Sam previously worked as a Production Designer at Imagi Studios and Imagi Animation Studios (2007-2008), Head of Visual Development at IDT Entertainment (2005-2007), Head of Visual Development at Starz Media (2005-2007), Production Designer, Art Director, Vis Dev Artist at DreamWorks Animation (1996-2005), Layout Artist at Disney Feature Animation (1992-2996) and Journeyman Layout Artist at Walt Disney Feature Animation (1992-1996).
Sam studied Illustration at the California Art Institute (1989-1992) and Bachelor of the Arts (BA), Illustration at California State University-Northbridge (1987-1992).
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) - visual development artist
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012) - visual development artist
- Megamind (2010) - visual development artist
- Monsters vs Aliens (2009) - visual development artist
- Astro Boy (2009) - production designer
- Everyone's Hero (2006) - visual development
- Shark Tale (2004) - art director
- Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003) - visual development
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) - additional art director
- The Prince of Egypt (1998) - visual development - as Samuel Michlap
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - key layout/workbook - as Samuel Michlap
- The Lion King (1994) - layout assistant - as Samuel Joseph Michlap
- Night of the Living Carrots (2011) - art director
Video Documentary ShortsEdit
- A Fishified World (2005) - himself
- Shark Tale: Gettin' Fishy with It (2004) - Himself
TV Series DocumentaryEdit
- HBO First Look (2004) - himself